The principal purchasing regulations applicable to CNES are therefore:
- Order No.2005-649 dated 6 June 2005 relating to contracts awarded by certain public or private bodies not subject to the Code des Marchés publics amended by Act No.2006-450, dated 18 April 2006;
- Decree No.2005-1742 dated 30 December 2005 setting the rules applying to contracts awarded by the contracting authorities mentioned in Article 3 of the above-mentioned Order No.2005-649, dated 6 June 2005.
Major projected design contracts and procurement policies are submit for the CNES internal contracts commission approval (amended inter-ministerial decree of 20 July 1990 about CNES). All projected contracts concerning amounts not less than € 6,000,000 before VAT are reviewed.
The CNES Board of Directors is also empowered to supervise CNES contracts (Decree No.84-510 dated 28 June 1984, as amended).
Documents covering CNES contracts
CNES contracts generally comprise the following documents, mentioned in descending order of importance:
- the contract document stipulating the respective obligations of the contractor and CNES, and the particular administrative clauses (CCAP),
- the particular technical clauses (CCTP).
The various provisions of the above-mentioned documents shall take precedence over those of the public-contracts general administrative clauses (CCAG) which may be mentioned in the contract document.
There are four types of CCAG:
- CCAG- Travaux (construction and civil engineering works), approved by the amended Decree No.76-87, dated 21 January 1976,
- CCAG- FCS, concerning standard supplies and services, approved by the amended Decree No.77-699, dated 27 May 1977,
- CCAG- PI, concerning intellectual services, approved by Decree No.78-1306, dated 28 December 1978,
- CCAG-MI, concerning industrial contracts, approved by Decree No.80-809, dated 14 October 1980.